With the pelleted ant poison not working (yeah, I sat there for half an hour observing the ants and their behavior, and only less than 1% of the total ant trail population would pick up the pelleted poison), I was forced to consider other chemical alternatives.

I chanced upon liquid poison at a homefix (I think) store in a local mall yesterday, and bought the pack of poison for $5.90.

I’d applied the liquid at various points along the extremely long ant trail (I live in a corner unit in a block which is built in an L-shape, and the trail went all the way to the other end of the ‘L’), and over one hour, I saw hundreds of ants congregate at the liquid poison points.

It will probably take a few days to a week to check on the effectiveness of the poison, after which I will update once more.

Advertisements