After quite some months of using the 1-step ant poison, I have this to say: ants these days are getting more intelligent. Heh.

I don’t think it’s purely the fault of the poison for not working. What I believe is that the ants either adapt to the poison so quickly, or else they quickly learn to scent out and detect the poison, that usually after a week or so, they avoid the poisoned liquid.

I’ve tried the 1-step one on ants in the garden and ants in my kitchen, and both sets (different nests, I guess?) avoid the liquid.

However, I’ve also bought other ant poisons in the meantime (Horti ant-dust or something; and another ant lures/traps from Giant supermart) and none of them have worked.

We need stupider ants, or more intelligent traps.

Advertisements